The chapel at Holyhood Cemetery, known as Fitzpatrick Chapel, has been completely restored and is now available for committal services. This structure, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, was dedicated in 1862, a few years after the cemetery was established. The stone building was designed by Patrick Keeley, the noted architect who designed many mid-19th century Catholic churches including the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston. It is Gothic Revival style derived from an English Gothic country church—this style was Keeley's favorite.
The Maguire Chapel is located atop Chapel Hill at St. Joseph Cemetery. The historic stone chapel was built in 1927 and after $350,000 in major repairs to the roof and masonry, and a complete interior restoration, the chapel was reopened for use in 2002. It provides a serene, indoor setting, beautifully appointed with benches, for year-round visitation.
The bell which hung in the belfry of Holyhood Chapel from 1860 - 1988 is now located on a plaza adjacent to the Davis Administration Building at St. Joseph Cemetery. Cast in 1798, the bell was brought from Spain and presented to the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, then on Franklin Street in Boston. Before the Cathedral was torn down in 1860, the bell was moved to Holyhood Cemetery and placed in the tower of the chapel.